Saturday, September 5, 2015

Blogging for Reflection

This past summer while participating in one of my grad school classes, I decided to read the book, Blogging for Educators: Writing for Professional Learning by: Starr Sackstein.  This was by far the BEST summer read!  The Corwin Connected Educator Series are a series of short reads that truly gets the point across and then, in turn is easy to implement inside the classroom or professionally right away.  This is what I did after reading @mssackstein book.  I now understand how important it is to blog as an educator to use as a form of reflective practice.  Sackstein (2015) states that by opening your thoughts, challenges, growth, reflection, or celebrations up to an audience, you add a collaborative element that can really change who you are as an educator and a person. (p.5) Blogging for educators can be a collaborative practice where it allows one to develop their Personal Learning Network or PLN.  I'm already an avid user of Twitter and Instagram, but blogging is a great way to share your expertise, strengths, weaknesses and showcase what's happening inside the classroom.  I am hoping that my blog will allow to share my thoughts and successes as a K-8 technology and STEM educator and present what my students are doing with technology.  To learn more about Starr Sackstein's book, visit http://www.corwin.com/connectededucators/bloged-book.htm.


No comments:

Post a Comment