Friday, June 19, 2015

Technology Apprentice Program (TAP)

Before the 2014-15 school came to a close, I was able to hold one more TAP meeting with my amazing student tech whizzes. I absolutely LOVE leading these meetings because the students are so overly excited to be there and they want to lead and learn new technological skills. To begin the meeting, I always allow the students to eat an after school snack before getting started. This way, I'm able to set up anything that's needed for them to begin their tasks. During this session, I had the oldest students (5th graders) close down our 8th grade laptops because they had already graduated. The 5th graders were to record the serial numbers off of each computer and shut it down. I had the 5th graders working together in a shared Google Doc between them, myself and the technology director when recording the serial numbers. While the 5th graders were doing that, the rest of us were working on our 1:1 music iPads. Our music teacher had requested multiple apps to be put on her iPads along with wanting them to be updated. My 1-4th grade students did such an amazing job completing this task. They were able to either redeem purchased apps or bring apps down from the cloud, organize the apps and then run a software update on each iPad.

It was sad to end our last TAP session of the school year, but I relayed some great news to my TAP team...we will be holding a TAP team for the 2015-16 school year. I cannot wait to dig deeper and do more technological tasks with my students. Each student on the TAP team is a true technology leader for our school. Look out for another TAP post in September to see what we do next! Below are some pictures that were from our last TAP meeting. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment