Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Twitter Chats

I recently participated in my first Twitter Chat. I began using Twitter professionally this past school year and absolutely LOVE it. Twitter is such a great social media and networking tool, especially for educators. I have learned so much about Twitter because of two extremely knowledgeable people, Sarah Barnett (@MrsSarahBarnett) and Kathy Garneau (@mrs_garneau). We try to implement Twitter as much as possible throughout our school and some teachers also participate in Twitter Chats. I have been working with the 2nd grade classroom and we have piloted the ePortfolio app entitled Seesaw. Because I was fairly new to this ePortfolio app, I noticed that the app was hosting a Twitter Chat and decided to participate. Because of the Twitter Chat, I was able to find out an abundant amount of information about this extremely useful app along with collaborating with other educators and asking questions along the way. I had so much fun participating in this particular Twitter Chat that it made me want to partake in more. Twitter Chats are so helpful, especially for groups that you are unfamiliar with, such as in my case. Below are some example snapshots of the Twitter Chat for Seesaw.




No comments:

Post a Comment